I am pleased to advise that the following community organisations will receive benefits from the Brisbane City Council's Sports Field Aeration Program during this financial year:
• Queensland Gaelic Football Association Inc.
• Queensland Christian Soccer Association Inc.
• Brothers St Brendans Rugby League Football Club
• Acacia Ridge F.C. Inc.
• Souths Acacia Leagues Club Ltd.
• Spanish Centre Ltd.
• Soccer Field Salisbury Recreation Reserve (The Scorpions Soccer Club Inc. till 1/4/17)
The Sports Field Aeration Program provides assistance to community sports organisations to improve sports field condition and turf coverage. Benefits include:
• Improved playing surface and overall field safety
• Removal and reduction of undesired weeds
• Improved turf health by fertilising
• Prolonged watering benefits while reducing water costs
• No cost to your organisation.
Council's contractor will contact these organisations to discuss sports field usage requirements and arrange for the works to be undertaken.
Works are scheduled to commence in February 2017 and completed by June 2017.