Do your bit for the environment by cleaning up your local area with friends and family this Clean Up Australia Day.
If you would like to be involved this year, there are several Clean Up events already registered near you.
Sites within the Moorooka Ward looking for additional volunteers are as follows:
• The Fort Bushland Reserve - Conservation Volunteers Australia (Cnr Fort Rd and Cliveden Ave, Oxley)
• Peggs Park - Greening Moorooka Bush Care Group (viewing deck overlooking pond at intersection of Hillview Tce, Vendale Ave and Goodwin Tce)
• Moorooka Playground Park - Brisbane City Council (111 Blomfield St, Moorooka)
• Dunn Rd and Suscatand St - Oxley Creek Catchment Association (Cnr Dunn Rd and Suscatand Rd, Rocklea)
• Salisbury Recreation Reserve - Salisbury Community (Netball Courts, 31 Allandale St, Salisbury)
• C.A. O'Sullivan Park - Sunnybank Electorate Office (Park entrance at Coley St near the Acacia Ridge Community Hall)
For more information visit Clean Up Australia Day