It’s time to have your say on Council’s newly released Draft Master Plan for the Oxley Creek Transformation.
This Plan is part of Council’s $100 million 20-year project to transform and revitalize Oxley Creek.
There are three main goals underpinning the Plan involving the Environment, Social & Community and Economic Development.
Within these goals are 12 strategies, with six priority projects for the short to medium-term (0-10 years).
Those projects include:
1. The Greenway – 20km walking and cycling track from the Brisbane River at Graceville to Larapinta (no exact route defined)
2. Oxley Creek Common Bird Sanctuary including birdwatching infrastructure, commercial activities and a visitor centre
3. Strategic Corridor Restoration – stormwater projects, revegetation, stabilisation of sand ponds upstream, habitat corridors
4. Archerfield Wetlands Park and Oxley Creek Interpretative Centre
5. Nature based Adventure Parkland at Larapinta
6. Sustainable Economic Development Strategy – corridor wide
You can view full details of the Draft Master Plan at www.oxleycreek.com.au or attend one of the following information kiosks to gain a better understanding of the Plan and its implications for your community:
- Brisbane Markets
- When: 7-10am on Saturday 19 May 2018
- Where: Brisbane Markets, Sherwood Road, Rocklea
- When: 9-11am on Saturday 19 May 2018
- Where: The Station Oxley, 133 Oxley Station Road, Oxley
- Acacia Ridge - Information Kiosk and pop-up litter shop
- When: 8am-12pm on Sunday 27 May 2018
- Where: Mortimer Road Park, 174 Mortimer Road, Acacia Ridge
- Information: The team will be joining Council's '104 or more' litter team to encourage residents and park users to keep the local park clean.
To have your say on the proposed ideas to transform and revitalise the Oxley Creek corridor please:
- complete the online feedback survey
- write to the Oxley Creek Transformation, GPO Box 1434, Brisbane Qld 4001
Please note that feedback closes Sunday, 27 May 2018.