I’m pleased to advise the following local traffic safety improvement works have commenced to address motorist and pedestrian safety along Sherwood Road and its intersecting streets. These improvements were identified in previous consultation with the local community.
The following works will be undertaken:
• modifying the existing traffic island to the west of the Brisbane Markets to incorporate a pedestrian cut through crossing point to allow safer pedestrian access across Sherwood Road
• installing a new footpath on Sherwood Road, adjacent to the car park, incorporating revegetation works
• installing pedestrian splitter islands and associated line markings on Golf Links Road at its intersections with Sherwood Road
• modifying the existing traffic island on Sherwood Road between Albert Street and Melbourne Street, to incorporate a pedestrian cut through crossing point to allow safer pedestrian access across Sherwood Road
• upgrading kerb ramps, sections of footpath and turfing on Sherwood Road at its intersections with Abercrombie Street, Melbourne Street, Sperling Street, Albert Street, Carisbrook Street and Golf Links Road
• the removal of 24 trees identified as part of the project to provide adequate sightlines for all road users and pedestrians
• installation of yellow no stopping lines to improve visibility for motorists and pedestrians, and to formalise existing no parking areas.