I have great pleasure in announcing the Moorooka Ward Australia Day Local Hero Awards Recipients for 2020. Thank you for your selfless contribution to our wider community.
To view the full details of Council's Approval Package and Decision by Delegate of Council, please search via application number: A00005209604 on Council’s PD online tool here.
Brisbane City Council's kerbside collection is an annual service across all suburbs to assist residents dispose of large household items.
Schedule for 2020:
- Monday 10 February - Moorooka and Rocklea
- Monday 2 March - Nathan, Salisbury and Tarragindi
- Monday 1 June - Oxley
- Monday 8 June - Acacia Ridge, Archerfield, Coopers Plains, Willawong
- Monday 22 June - Durack
Check what items are acceptable here.
You must place your items for collection on the kerbside in front of your property by 6am on the first day of the collection period.
Tip: Download Council's free Brisbane Bin and Recycling App to receive free reminders about your bin collection days, next kerbside collection service and free tipping days in your area plus learn how to recycle waste more effectively.
Nominate a 'Local Hero'
Nominations are now open for the 'Local Heroes' Awards that recognise the extraordinary contribution of volunteers, our local heroes, who work tirelessly in our local community.
Please nominate someone you know who works for our community. Up to 10 people will be recognised annually.
The Awards are open to volunteers living in or active members of a community group based in Moorooka Ward and/or Tennyson Ward in the Brisbane City Council area. The Awards recognise the work of volunteers whose selfless efforts have helped to improve the lives of others and/or those who have helped to build community spirit, resilience and identity in our local area.
Nomination forms are available from my office and must be submitted by Friday 6 December 2019.
Recipients will be announced Sunday 26 January 2020 at the Australia Day Pool Party, Oxley Bowls Club, Englefield Road, Oxley.
SIGN THE PETITION
I am working with local groups to have land at the corner of Beaudesert and Evans Roads, and stretching along Beaudesert Road to Fegen Drive, Moorooka (currently road reserve), officially designated as parkland.
For some time now, Brisbane City Council has made improvements to this area through regular maintenance, planting of trees and the conversion of part of the site from a dusty car park to a grassed and planted area.
Both the State Government and Brisbane City Council have confirmed that the land is not required for existing or future road reserve. Given the Lord Mayor's objective to enhance Brisbane as a 'clean and green city', I am seeking your support to convince him that this area should be changed from road reserve to parkland. Having this site designated as parkland will enable the following:
- Protection of the land
- Allocation of a Park name
- Allow funding to be spent on park infrastructure, i.e. a history display
I encourage you to support us by signing and sharing among your networks the ePetition:
Have your say!
As your local Councillor I'm interested in obtaining your feedback on the proposed playground upgrade at Canfield Street, Nathan, funding for which was provided in this year's budget.
This concept is designed to:
- meet the needs of children aged 2-12 years
- packed full of play value and fun, providing imaginative play amongst nooks and crannies at every level
- includes a combo swing (basket seat) and a 'you and me' parent and child seat for face to face swinging
- full rubber wear pad provided under the swings, with softfall to all other areas
- footpath to allow for wheel chair access, with the new playground to be relocated closer to the road and butting up to the pathway
- bright and colourful play equipment including a play panel including matching pairs of Australian animals, similar to nearby Toohey Forest
- old playground to be removed with the area rehabilitated with the existing seat to be relocated to the new playground area
- shade sail to be included in the future funding
Please provide your feedback by close of business Friday 11 October. This will allow a review of suggestions and the ordering of equipment for installation early in the new year 2020.
Your comments and contributions are most welcome!
Visit 'Nathan, Salisbury and Moorooka Neighbourhood Plan' to get involved.
Comments required by Sunday 6 October 2019.